- agricultural tractors (category F)
- mowing machines or pedestrian-controlled vehicles (category K)
For all those other categories you need the proper full licence to operate the tractor or special vehicle on the streets.
To obtain this first you need to obtain the proper provisional driving licence entitlement after which complete a tractor or specialist vehicle driving test.
You don’t require a permit to drive or operate:
- a tractor or specialist vehicle off the public road (there are age limits)
- pedestrian-controlled mowing machines (you must be at least 16)
- electric bikes
- mobility scooters or powered wheelchairs
You do need to have a driving licence to drive quad bikes on the road.
- Road Rollers & Tracked Vehicles
You require a full category B car licence with provisional entitlement for categories G and H to drive:
- road rollers (category G)
- tracked vehicles (category H)